So, we celebrated Independence Day. Which doesn’t mean much — we didn’t head out for fireworks (too crowded on the Mall, and I didn’t even realize we *had* a closer-to-us local display until I heard the pounding in the distance…)
But we enjoyed the long weekend nevertheless, folding in:
- Fourth of July dinner of hamburgers, Tater Tots (what?!? Our forefathers would have fought a revolution for them!), watermelon, and homemade apple hand pies (verdict — *perfectly* tart for me, needed some sweetener for normal eaters),
- Knitting and frogging the first eight rows of a new pattern (Teardrop — first the triangular shawl, then the rectangular one) at least forty times before I decided it just wasn’t meant to be my pattern (at least not with the yarn I have, and at least not while I try to watch TV or do anything else),
- Orphan Black, at least the first season on binge, and a few episodes of the second season, but we aren’t through watching yet, so no spoilers please,
- Private Lives, at the Shakespeare Theater, which was thoroughly amusing in a very arched-eyebrow way,
- a pedicure (notable for the *bright* pink polish on my toes, but most enjoyable for the chance to catch up with a friend I hadn’t seen in far too long.)
And there was the usual not-enough-reading, and the eating of the season’s first corn, and the watching of baseball, and the gorging on the season’s first cherries, and, and, and…
And now, it’s the workweek again, and I have a chapter of CENTER STAGE staring me in the face. So, what am I waiting for! I hope you had a good weekend, and a good long weekend if you were in the States!
Mirrored from Mindy Klasky, Author.