Hey, there! Remember me? I used to write a blog around these-here parts.
I’ve been scarce for the past week, though, because I was on vacation and then at a writers’ retreat. Both took place in Duck, North Carolina, on the Outer Banks. Although we arrived on the tail of a snowstorm (it was an odd experience to crunch into the beach house on remnant “wintry mix” instead of sand!) Highlights of the past week include:
- Finding a complete fist-sized whelk shell on the beach! (There are always partial shells sculpted into gorgeous spirals, but I’ve never found a complete one.)
- Eating massive quantities of bad-for-me food, while
- Reading in wonderful, uninterrupted blocks of time, or
- Writing, finally, the first half of SINGLE WITCH’S SURVIVAL GUIDE, and
- Knitting the first six inches (finally!) of my two-color brioche cable scarf.
In between, there was movie watching, and more beach-walking, and lots of conversations with writer friends, and yarn buying, and knitting simpler projects, and, and, and.
We got home last night, in time for Super Bowl ads (Yes, I cried at the Clydesdale ad. And I laughed at the oldsters and Taco Bell. And no, I *still* don’t know why anyone patronizes GoDaddy) and Downton Abbey.
I’ve had one or the other cat glued to me since I got home; I suppose that they’ll eventually get tired of confirming that I’m here and not going anywhere. Maybe if I tick the heat up a bit, they’ll be less needy
So? What did I miss?
Mindy, trying, really hard, to get back in the swing of things
Mirrored from Mindy Klasky, Author.